Bermuda High

Tropical Weather Discussions and Analysis
desiredwxgd

So what are some of your thoughts on the Bermuda High for this summer (2010)?
JMS
SR. ENSC.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting to see the SE Ridge develope so early this season. Anyone notice the High Temps in the Eastern CONUS today? ;)
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Paul

desiredwxgd wrote:So what are some of your thoughts on the Bermuda High for this summer (2010)?

to early to tell....but it wont be long until the start of the season. We are 8 weeks away....
desiredwxgd

Ed Mahmoud wrote:.................................. ***DOUBLE POST ALERT***

wxdata wrote:
HPC siding with NAM; West Texas turns into a lake; rainfall totals for metro Houston stay puny; a portend for summer?

Well, if the ridge wanders a bit North but stays in the same general longitude, we'd get on the underside for occasional disturbances that might ride over the ridge, have a bit pinch off, and come back from the West. The ridge does tend to wander Northward, although it seems early this year, making me wonder if that is indeed the longitude the ridge will establish.

If that is the longitude of the mean ridge this Summer, almost all MDR storms will recurve safely East of the US, but any late developers or low latitude runners could make the Gulf. But I think this is too early to be the Summer ridge, although extended dryness could start a feedback.

I think regardless the GOM "should" see a slight increase in tropical activity this year compared to last. Not like a 2005 yr but more of a 2007, 2008 year.
JMS
SR. ENSC.
  • Information