General Weather Discussions and Analysis
nuby3

skidog40 wrote:
nuby3 wrote:http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tropical/satpix ... 4_loop.php

will the upper low snag gulf moisture at all? or no
did you notice the last frames it seemed to expand clounds and moisture

I seriously think we should not turn our backs to this thing
JulieC

Send it my way!!! I want snow flurries!! :-)
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This should answer the moisture out west question....

tireman4 wrote:
Question, if I may sir. First, one comment. Thank you so much for all you do on and for this board. It is much appreciated. Your insight over the years has been great. Now, the question. What do you make of the moisture out to our West? Virga ?

Precip is definitely a lot lighter to our west. Some of it is likely not reaching the ground, but some is. That's why we could have light sleet mixed with small snowflakes into this evening, but no accumulations.
nuby3

nuby3 wrote:
skidog40 wrote:
nuby3 wrote:http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tropical/satpix ... 4_loop.php

will the upper low snag gulf moisture at all? or no
did you notice the last frames it seemed to expand clounds and moisture

yes I did notice that. I thought it might be the first signs of the impact of gulf moisture
nuby3

tireman4 wrote:This should answer the moisture out west question....

tireman4 wrote:
Question, if I may sir. First, one comment. Thank you so much for all you do on and for this board. It is much appreciated. Your insight over the years has been great. Now, the question. What do you make of the moisture out to our West? Virga ?

Precip is definitely a lot lighter to our west. Some of it is likely not reaching the ground, but some is. That's why we could have light sleet mixed with small snowflakes into this evening, but no accumulations.

no offense but I'm just going to watch and see what happens you may be right but I want to sit and watch just in case something good happens
JulieC

They said my area north of I-10 would rise about freezing by now, but nope! Still sitting at 31 off of 529 and Fry with icicles on everything. Sky appears to be getting a little darker too.
nuby3

my obs on NWS website has said mostly cloudy but I have been overcast with random sleet all day
nuby3

JulieC wrote:They said my area north of I-10 would rise about freezing by now, but nope! Still sitting at 31 off of 529 and Fry with icicles on everything. Sky appears to be getting a little darker too.

looking at radar we are clearly moistening back up. maybe it will amount to nothing, but when I woke up at 5 am it looked like nothing would happen at all and it did
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nuby3 wrote:
tireman4 wrote:This should answer the moisture out west question....

tireman4 wrote:

no offense but I'm just going to watch and see what happens you may be right but I want to sit and watch just in case something good happens

That was from Wxman 57, not me. Goodness me, I am not a pro met (Wxman 57), amateur met (Srainhoutx) or expert. That was asked two hours ago. Has it changed? Not sure.
Heat Miser
Location: FM 528 @ I45 border of League City, Webster, Friendswood

It would be nice. I recall many winter weather events around here that left me hungering for much more. As a kid and adult this optimism still remains. We usually get a taste that leaves us salivating for more. 2004 was the exception, although I wished that event would have lasted longer. Looking at the radar does look encouraging, for at least it's not barren.
SusieinLP

According to a short term advisory from NOAA said more precip from hill country to move our way though no accumulations...

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.p ... ughcaNOKK0
JulieC

It's interesting anyway. Sitting here watching it and chatting with y'all keeps me from having to leave my fireplace and get anything accomplished around my house on this unexpected day off. :-)
nuby3

no accumulations expected, but it also says "short term forecast is until further notice"

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?prod ... x&loop=yes
nuby3

MOISTENING

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?prod ... x&loop=yes

steady sleet again I-45 and Rayford Sawdust
Last edited by nuby3 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingwood31

Off topic but..would it be mean of me to order a pizza tonight and have anybody drive on the roads? If ya
L think it's a bad Idea I won't I just want someone opinion
nuby3

Kingwood31 wrote:Off topic but..would it be mean of me to order a pizza tonight and have anybody drive on the roads? If ya
L think it's a bad Idea I won't I just want someone opinion
it's a kind thought but you should offer them the sale and allow them to decided whether or not they want to risk the trip to make the mnney
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Moderate sleet in Atascocita...I expect this on and off tonight...
michmich

They just showed a pizza guy on KHOU....he didn't seem to mind. Probably getting lots of tips today! Our office brought in pizza.
Heat Miser
Location: FM 528 @ I45 border of League City, Webster, Friendswood

Moistures still around for sure. About to be in one of those yellow bands, so I shall see if it's news worthy.
SusieinLP

LP schools will be open tomorrow at regular time....Hope the roads are ok
  • Information