February Weather Discussion. Wild Winter Storms?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
ticka1

srainhoutx wrote:Off Topic, but we have an interesting storm system near the 1st of March if someone wants to start a new topic...hint...hint... :mrgreen:
No - I need a rest from the weather.....LOL....too much time watching there forums and radars :)

Thanks for the heads up Srainhoutx.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

redneckweather wrote:
Ok srain, get that next topic started! 8-)
wxdata took care of it... ;)

http://forums.khou.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
brazoria_county22

well im offically abanding my bid to get 1 snowflake down here n angleton...NEXT!
ticka1

Not getting anything over here in Baytown/mont belvieu either...south of I-10 and east...its 37 degrees here though.

I am in bed under the blankets trying to get of this cough I have .... so if anyone in this area of Baytown sees snow - please post it - I don't think I'll be out in it tonight if it does happen to flurry a flake or two here!!!
TxLady

Well, it's still snowing here. And we (my daughter and grandkids) did manage to eek out a snowman:
Paul

sleeting pretty good here in Pearland right now.....Kat you should be getting something soon. Air aloft is finally cold enough. Surface I am at 37F. Not sure there will be enough moisture left to ekk out a flake or two....we shall see. I am manning the front porch in anticipation....Did I ever mention on here that I cant wait for TS season? :D
brazoria_county22

Paul wrote:sleeting pretty good here in Pearland right now.....Kat you should be getting something soon. Air aloft is finally cold enough. Surface I am at 37F. Not sure there will be enough moisture left to ekk out a flake or two....we shall see. I am manning the front porch in anticipation....Did I ever mention on here that I cant wait for TS season? :D
i would hop in the truck an drive to pearland but man..i dont know lol
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Setting at 38F. I will be happy to just see some sleet Paul and yes TS season is on the way. Looks to be an active season ahead.
AggieEngr04

I just got back from driving and did see some snow chunks as I passed through the galleria area. But the further north I went, the less I saw (up 290). When I came back south down 290 and 610 again, it seem like it was just all rain. My car thermometer read 35, so I guess not cold enough.
txsnowmaker

If you are looking for snow falling, eyes to the sky for anyone near the Galleria side of town. Just started up again.
kayci

*ugh* is it summer yet????? :(
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

txsnowmaker wrote:If you are looking for snow falling, eyes to the sky for anyone near the Galleria side of town. Just started up again.
Still nothing in Afton Oaks.
BigNorthSide

So is that is for the moisture or is more going to form to the west and move in overnight? We have a nice dusting here and it would be cool to wake up to some white pasture! Anybody know what to expect?
redneckweather

It has completely shut off here near Lake Conroe. Just a trace of accumulation. I made a snowball from the snow that did accumulate off of cushions on my lawn furniture and put it in the freezer. :lol: No accumulations on the grass...just a very tiny bit on the hood of cars and back porch furniture. You talk about a HUGE tease! lol
AggieEngr04

What time do yall think that the Low will come pass us and give us another chance of snow? Per haps I may set my alarm.
cisa

If you go outside and look up, you can see snowflakes fall on your face in Porter. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it was fun to dream.
No rain, no rainbows.
txsnowmaker

wxdata wrote:
txsnowmaker wrote:If you are looking for snow falling, eyes to the sky for anyone near the Galleria side of town. Just started up again.
Still nothing in Afton Oaks.

Man, wxdata. Is your area well lit? I do have the flood lights on which is helping to see the snow.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

AggieEngr04 wrote:What time do yall think that the Low will come pass us and give us another chance of snow? Per haps I may set my alarm.
I'm afraid it looks like all the precipitation with the upper low will pass well north of Houston. The last of the significant precip is moving into central Houston now. Just as the GFS had predicted, drying up after 9pm. No accumulations across the city with this system.
brazoria_county22

wxman57 wrote:
AggieEngr04 wrote:What time do yall think that the Low will come pass us and give us another chance of snow? Per haps I may set my alarm.
I'm afraid it looks like all the precipitation with the upper low will pass well north of Houston. The last of the significant precip is moving into central Houston now. Just as the GFS had predicted, drying up after 9pm. No accumulations across the city with this system.
what a rip off! :x
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

Man, we just had a heavy snow burst again here in The Woodlands. It was like a warp zone. VERY cool. BTW, Bush IAH is now reporting snow. This is officially the second snowfall in Houston in one season!
  • Information