June 2021:

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Dls2010r

Y’all I have 4 acres. I use Spartans. They are amazing. And they work for mosquitoes. Just follow the directions.
Dls2010r

Just make damn sure you follow directions and use bottled water no well
don

12Z EURO shifted west significantly with a landfall of a weak tropical storm or depression around Matagorda Bay fwiw.
Attachments
prateptype_cat_ecmwf.us_sc (1).png
prateptype_cat_ecmwf.us_sc (2).png
Stratton20

Oh man here we go, its the wind shield wiper affect now, back and forth and so on. But thats is a very interesting trend by the EURO
Cpv17

Stratton20 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:56 pm Oh man here we go, its the wind shield wiper affect now, back and forth and so on. But thats is a very interesting trend by the EURO
Right, left, right, left..we see it all the time every year with the models.
djmike

Wouldn't mind a very weak tropical system giving us a couple inches. Mid Texas would be ideal. BUT...I have seen TS do a ton of damage too. Might not be winds, but the training rains.....a well behaved weak system I think we could all enjoy without a headache.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Stratton20

Imelda was a weak system and we saw what it caused, definitely not saying thats the case with this system, but you never know sometimes
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

Tagged Invest 92L
Stratton20

I suspect we will see the first spaghetti plots coming out at the 8pm update
TexasBreeze

Looks like it hugs the coast closely and is inland fully at the TxLa border with very high rain totals for Louisiana. Very disorganized too.
don

I will say that the intensity models are a little more aggressive than i was expecting, with all of them showing at least a moderate tropical storm fwiw.And of course likely to change.
Attachments
92L_intensity_latest.png
Last edited by don on Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stratton20

Wow! Definitely my thoughts were a low end maybe 40 mph tropical storm but this is very interesting
Harveyvsallison

Intensity models show a moderate tropical storm is possible. However, if this system can get its act together within 72 hours that may help it down the road when the system encounteres dry air and possibly a decent amount of mid level shear.
Harveyvsallison

They might up chances tonight to 20/40 or 20/50
davidiowx

Yea those intensities are way more than I was thinking. Still plenty of time for the wipers to go back and forth. Def need to watch once it gets a CoC
Stratton20

These BOC systems occasionally can be surprising so definitely have to keep an eye on the intensity models for sure
Harveyvsallison

The curvature of the BOC has helped many storms spin up in the past. There are plenty of YouTube videos with scientist explaining why !
DoctorMu

jasons2k wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:43 pm
DoctorMu wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:34 pm So, there's a chance of Gulf moisture fed showers Mon - Thur. Then the BOC tropical thing drifts toward the LA coast. If organized in anyway, that shuts off showers.

There's a chance of wrap-around lemonade though. We need something wet in CLL - grass is starting to dry out. We didn't receive as much rain a week ago as in HOU area. Going to have to put down some Sta Green fertilizer (Scotts sux) with 2% iron to deal with our alkaline, sodium filled sprinkler water.

I was enjoying the green while it lasted, even if it mean mosquitos.
Yes, you're right about Scott's. It's full of fillers. Nitro-Phos is another good brand. It's what Randy Lemmon recommends.
I'm torn on the rain. It's getting to where we could use a shower too, to freshen-up the lawn. My preference would be on a Sunday, so it won't interfere with construction. Maybe tomorrow will be our lucky day.

The woods are still a mosquito-infested swamp. Brown muck water everywhere. I'm not worried about deep soil moisture issues yet.
Nitro-phos would be ideal down where you are. I use Sta Green up here because to its high nitrogen formula: 29-0-5. No phosphate. +2% iron. Otherwise, the grass turns lime green to yellow - mostly runners and not much blade. Then chinch bugs take advantage of the weak grass.

Texas horticulture - it's not for the weak of heart!
DoctorMu

I remember as a Texas noob planting gardenias during our first Spring. Blooming beautifully on June 1. Dead by July 4th. :lol:
Last edited by DoctorMu on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information