More cold air on the way next week!?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
snowman65

Only rain in Orange :( . Close but no cigar this time.
Mr. T

And just as quickly as it began, it has now ended. Oh well. I was satisfied. :P

Even if it is only for 15 minutes, there is just that very cool feeling of seeing snow falling around here...
Awesome winter.

tireman4 wrote:I can confirm Mr. T's sighting, it is a light flurry..but snowing in Atascocita.
Nice!

Man, I just knew we'd see a quick burst of snow as the main shield of precip shifted off to the east. Heights and thicknesses crashed hard as that coastal low pushed off to the east.
Mr. T

snowman65 wrote:Only rain in Orange :( . Close but no cigar this time.
The column is cooling quickly, and you still have that area of light precip off to the west to move through. I think you'll see some flurries before all is said and done.
snowman65

Mr. T wrote:
snowman65 wrote:Only rain in Orange :( . Close but no cigar this time.
The column is cooling quickly, and you still have that area of light precip off to the west to move through. I think you'll see some flurries before all is said and done.
I hope you are right. Of course, according to "accuweather" yesterday, they said around 9:00am this morning for a rain/snow mix.......we shall see......
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Like Mr T stated, poof and it is gone. I do wonder if this is a harbinger of things to come. I think February will be full of surprises. Wxman57 and Txagwxman have been hinting at such.
snowman65

The next 10 days are looking very dry and I don't see anything coming that raises an eyebrow as far are freezing temps either. That would put us near the ens of Febuary. Time is running out for any "fun" weather.
Mr. T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibL_WDSKcRg

There are the snow flurries I witnessed this morning around 6 am. The first part of this video is pretty blurry, but at 30 seconds is a much clearer view. If you look closely, you can see some snow sticking to the light pole.

This is actually the first time I've ever uploaded a camera video to Youtube. I actually have a lot of weather videos I should upload; I've just been pretty lazy. I guess right now is a good enough time to start than never...

I'm sure there is some dude living in Canada laughing at my pathetic excitement of seeing a few flurries. To him I say this: Deal with it.
snowman65

Mr. T wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibL_WDSKcRg

There are the snow flurries I witnessed this morning around 6 am. The first part of this video is pretty blurry, but at 30 seconds is a much clearer view. If you look closely, you can see some snow sticking to the light pole.

This is actually the first time I've ever uploaded a camera video to Youtube. I actually have a lot of weather videos I should upload; I've just been pretty lazy. I guess right now is a good enough time to start than never...

I'm sure there is some dude living in Canada laughing at my pathetic excitement of seeing a few flurries. To him I say this: Deal with it.
Nice video.......here is a video of the snow in Orange.........
Mr. T

snowman65 wrote:
Nice video.......here is a video of the snow in Orange.........
:(
Well, I tried to be optimistic for you
C2G

Looked out the window at 7AM and all I saw was RAIN. No snow, sleet, just rain. Another cold rain event in the books.
snowman65

Okay..it is officially SNOWING in Orange right now. Looking out of my window at work..I am south of I-10 even. Mostly rain still but there are some nice sized flakes mixed in and getting a little heavier every few minutes.......I don't believe it....but I see it.......wow
redneckweather

I need a confirmation if their is snow still on the ground up towards Madisonville? If anyone knows, let me know. I will hop in my truck and head up to my ranch to take pics if their is still snow on the ground.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Long-range models are suggesting another "interesting event" next Friday/Saturday. Could involve snow in Texas or Louisiana. Now I didn't say they're forecasting the event, just suggesting it, meaning I don't think they have a good handle on the energy coming south next week yet.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

redneckweather wrote:I need a confirmation if their is snow still on the ground up towards Madisonville? If anyone knows, let me know. I will hop in my truck and head up to my ranch to take pics if their is still snow on the ground.
Probably gone, but you never know...

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX
432 AM CST FRI FEB 12 2010

..TIME.. ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE.. ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION.. ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0325 AM SNOW MADISONVILLE 30.95N 95.91W
02/12/2010 E2.5 INCH MADISON TX BROADCAST MEDIA

BURST OF MODERATE SNOW WITH LARGE FLAKES. EARLIER SNOW
TOTAL OF 2.5 INCHES ON THE GROUND AROUND MIDNIGHT BUT
HAD MELTED BY 300 AM ON ROADS AND THINNED ON OPEN
GROUND. A FEW CARS OFF THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Portastorm

wxman57 wrote:Long-range models are suggesting another "interesting event" next Friday/Saturday. Could involve snow in Texas or Louisiana. Now I didn't say they're forecasting the event, just suggesting it, meaning I don't think they have a good handle on the energy coming south next week yet.
You better get me my snow! Five minutes of sleet the other day and a dozen snow flurries back in December ain't gonna cut it. :(
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

When Porta speaks... he is really meaning it now WxMan57....:)
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

tireman4 wrote:When Porta speaks... he is really meaning it now WxMan57....:)
On closer inspection of those long-range models, I do see possible snow for Houston but highs in the low 90s for Austin. Too bad!
snowman65

wxman57 wrote:
On closer inspection of those long-range models, I do see possible snow for Houston but highs in the low 90s for Austin. Too bad!
Careful....alot of people would drive to Austin for that right now........ :D
Portastorm

wxman57 wrote:
Who knew professional meteorologists could be so dang funny?! :lol:

Well, if those models verify, you can come over here and do all the bike riding you want!
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ed Mahmoud wrote:
wxman57 wrote:Long-range models are suggesting another "interesting event" next Friday/Saturday. Could involve snow in Texas or Louisiana. Now I didn't say they're forecasting the event, just suggesting it, meaning I don't think they have a good handle on the energy coming south next week yet.

You got any model images, ie, weather pr0n, for those of us who like to see interesting potentially weather images?
Nope, just hints.
  • Information