contradicting winter forecasts

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Snowman

Accuweather is predicting a warmer and drier winter while the Farmers Almanac is predicting a colder and wetter winter for our area. correct me if i am wrong. i don't know who to believe?
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Snowman wrote:Accuweather is predicting a warmer and drier winter while the Farmers Almanac is predicting a colder and wetter winter for our area. correct me if i am wrong. i don't know who to believe?
All the signals I see say warmer and drier for us this winter. That's a typical La Nina winter for us. The Farmer's Almanac is written sort of like your horoscope in the paper. You can interpret just about anything from the vague statements. No meteorologist/climatologist would be caught dead relying on the Farmer's Almanac. ;-)
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

wxman57 wrote:
Snowman wrote:Accuweather is predicting a warmer and drier winter while the Farmers Almanac is predicting a colder and wetter winter for our area. correct me if i am wrong. i don't know who to believe?
All the signals I see say warmer and drier for us this winter. That's a typical La Nina winter for us. The Farmer's Almanac is written sort of like your horoscope in the paper. You can interpret just about anything from the vague statements. No meteorologist/climatologist would be caught dead relying on the Farmer's Almanac. ;-)
Yes, La Nina winters are typically warmer, but I like to think that you have a serious warm bias there wxman. If it's not 80 degrees in January, your not happy. For the record, I do realize I'm in the wrong part of the country for my beloved cold weather. One day I will make my home up north....God willing.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It's not just me, our long-range export (who's what I call a "cold-mongerer") is conceding the warm, dry winter, too.
  • Information