Post your favorite weather videos!

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

Tornado destroys home 80 YARDS in front of the storm chasers...pretty cool.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/201 ... cnn?hpt=C2
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

There is another video that I have looked for in vein and can't find it anywhere. My problems are only compounded when I don't know the town or date it happened. I'm going to try and describe the video as best as possible that I had seen on The Weather Channel a year or two ago. Hopefully you guys will be able to gather enough clues to know which I'm talking about. Okay, here goes:

The video looks to have taken place more towards the midwest. There are, from what I remember, abundant trees around the area. The time of day is skewed due to jet black clouds and a white stove pipe tornado at VERY, VERY close range. Anyway, the tornado moves right in front of storm chasers and hits a wood frame, two-story house directly. You can see the winds whipping around the house and loose debris being kicked up, but the house is not destroyed. Does this video sound familiar to anybody? I just thought that was the coolest video ever--even though the house remained standing.
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

Oh, that is HILARIOUS! Unfortunately I can't pass that link on to my friends because they already think I'm nuttier than squirrel droppings. What can I say, I get geeked up over clouds and my friends don't appreciate it. LOL
  • Information