What Makes Weather A Passion?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

For many of us young and old weather is an escape from the day to day world. What is the first weather event you remember that you will never forget.
rnmm

For me it would have to be Hurricane Alicia. I was 11 when she hit and I remember being scared and in awe at the same time, if that even makes sense. Of course there have been others that I will never forget as well!
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

When I was 5 years old we had an F1-F2 tornado move through Pearland, TX. I remember the wind blasting through the live oaks in the front yard at day light. Next time I saw the live oaks moving like that was Alicia in 83. Both events made weather life for me.

Thats my dad to the left who passed away Oct 1999.

rnmm

First let me say, I am sorry for your loss, I lost my dad in 1995 to cancer, so I know what it is like to lose a parent... :(

Second I wanted to say, thank you for sharing the picture and wow! I went through a tornado when I lived in Mexia, TX...it was an F1, and it hit in 1994....that was scary!
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
  • Information